Greater Lewisville Cares (GLC), a local 501c(3) nonprofit linking individuals, groups and corporations interested in volunteer participation with community service agencies in need of volunteers in Denton county, announces a call for area high school senior applicants for the Stacey Condit Campbell Scholarship Award. The Stacey Condit Campbell Scholarship Award was established in 2008 in honor of GLC’s Founder Stacey Campbell and seeks to reward two students committed to service within his/her community. The award reflects the beliefs of Stacey Condit Campbell that service at a young age fosters leadership skills, a greater awareness and sense of community, and increased social responsibility to last a lifetime. She also greatly values the insight and energy that youth bring to volunteering and community issues. In her honor, GLC annually recognizes an extraordinary graduating senior each year for their outstanding service achievements. The amount of this onetime scholarship award is $500 intended to assist the recipient with tuition, books and/or living expenses related to their higher education.
All graduating high-school seniors may apply for the one-time scholarship and must meet the following requirements:
• Graduating high school seniors who are in good standing
• Plan on attending a U.S. 2- or 4-year academic, vocational, or technical college during the upcoming academic year
• Be a resident of Denton County, Texas or active member of GLC for minimum of one (1) calendar year prior to application period
• Be of good character and a contributing citizen to the community-at-large, with a significant number of volunteer hours in community service within the last 18 months
• Demonstrate compassion and dedication through their acts of kindness and volunteerism
Students must complete an application form online at www.greaterlewisvillecares.org/scholarships and submit a one page essay in specified format describing the affect that community service and volunteer work has had on his/her life. Applications will be accepted through April 15. The award recipient will be announced on June 1, 2013. For more information or additional questions regarding the scholarship application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail message at 469/464-9358. (Note: Phone messages will be responded to within 3 business days).